For the first time this decade I am not participating in a fantasy baseball league. It was not an easy decision to quit the game and I worried that I would regret my decision. Now that the season is underway I can tell you emphatically that I made the right choice. Allow me to explain.
Since Giving Up Fantasy Baseball I Have NOT:
- Watched a single inning of a game I don’t care about
- Worried about WHIP, VORP or OPS
- Scanned injury reports
- Gotten into an argument about a trade
- Looked at a Triple-A roster
- Missed it for a second
Since Giving Up Fantasy Baseball I Have:
- Written more and written better
- Enjoyed watching games just for the sake of watching then
- Had more sex
This no fantasy baseball thing is turning out pretty well. Sure I miss trash talking with the guys in the league but I think I made the right choice. While it’s only been two and a half weeks I don’t think I’ll regret this decision at all.