I’ve been tagged to participate in a meme by my friend Carla and because she is one of my favorite people in the world I am playing along. The theme is seven things you don’t know about me and this is tough for me because after five years of blogging there aren’t many things I haven’t told you, but I’ll give it my best.
Here are the rules of this meme:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
- You already know I’m afraid of mice but did you know I’m also afraid to get on a boat? It’s true, I will not get into a boat unless it’s big enough to have a helicopter I can escape in. This pretty much means I can only board a cruise ship at this point. I recently discovered that escape helicopters are not standard equipment so it looks like I’ll be staying on land.
- Back in the mid 90’s I wrote for a NY based magazine that was a blatant rip off of The Onion. Back then The Onion was still largely a regional publication but I had read it and I knew that I was writing for a pale imitation. Since I was covering music for the entertainment section I stuck with it for the experience and the free stuff. It lasted about 8 issues. A few years ago I found a copy in a friend’s basement and was not impressed with my work.
- I was not a dog person until I moved to Los Angeles and into an apartment that came with a dog.
- My wife and I have a running dispute over me appearing on Oprah. My wife believes that if I published a book I would make a great Oprah guest. Everyone should have a significant other as supportive as my wife but every time she tells me to finish my book and go on Oprah I tell her I’d never do it-appear on Oprah I mean (I am trying to write the book though). I suppose we can shelve this argument until I finally publish something.
- My middle initial is K. which does not stand for kidney or krazy. The K does stand for Kenneth in honor of an uncle I only vaguely remember. If I was given this name in hopes he’d leave us his estate, the plan failed as he finished the entire bottle.
- Despite living two hours from the border I have never taken a trip to Mexico.
- If I was selecting my last meal today it would be the carnitas from Pueblo Viejo in Los Angeles.