Things I Will Miss By Not Going Home to Long Island For The Holidays
- Drinking at least 6 cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee a day followed by 6 more cups from 7-11. I won’t touch the coffee from 7-11 in Los Angeles but on Long Island I love it.
- Temporarily regaining my Long Island accent and answering to the name Sam (that’s what my family calls me).
- The one day of the year we can sit on my grandmother’s couch (she leaves the plastic on but it’s still cool).
- Hearing my wisdom of my parents (i.e.- “It’s only a lie if they find out you’re lying.”)
- Counting the number of times Mom refers to me by my brother’s name and the number of times I answer to it.
- Showing my wife every house we ever lived in and the ones we had to move out of under suspicious circumstances.