Yesterday I took a look back over the goals I set for myself for 2008 but those goals weren’t the only things I accomplished this year. I also managed, in my typical fashion, to fall ass backwards into some other things that I could not foresee at the beginning of the year.
Here are my top Accidental Accomplishments for 2008 (so far):
- Getting rid of my pesky appendix.
- Set a personal record for trips to the emergency room in one year.
- Quitting smoking after nearly 20 years.
- Reducing my credit card debt to zero dollars and zero cents.
- Being voted into The Hot Blogger Calendar (which you can purchase by clicking the “Buy Now” button on the sidebar)
- Upgrading to a Macbook.
- Not being crushed by the Mets collapse.
- Avoided purchasing Billy Joel albums for the 34th consecutive year.
- Finally getting that cortisone shot in the spine I’ve always wanted.
All in all, 2008 has been a good year for accidental progress.